Sunday, October 31, 2010

You Got Good Taste.........

My first gig was The Cramps on their Date With Elvis tour at Glasgow Barrowlands in 1986. I had a couple of school friends who were into The Cramps and I used to visit one of their houses frequently where he would try and teach me how to play You Got Good Taste on the guitar. His attempts proved futile but hearing The Cramps almost daily did lead to me wanting to see them perform live. I do not think I could have wished for a better introduction to live music. The set was a mix of old and new material including a great version of this lead off track from their A Date With Elvis album.


I have been very fortunate over the last 20 odd years to have seen some of the finest live acts out there from bands just starting out in small sweaty clubs to stadium gigs and this blog will attempt to post music some of the bands that I have managed to see perform as well as some that I did not get the chance to see but would like to have. More importantly it will be an attempt to post some of my favourite music of the last 40 years or so and to try and share the passion that I have for them with anyone who views the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment