Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tracks Of The Year....




Following on from yesterday's post today will be about my fave tracks of 2010...

This was easier than yesterday as there are not a lot of albums that I have listened to all the way through more than a couple of times. I tend to agree with Drew over at Across The Kitchen Table that there is a lot of filler material on most albums these days and with the universal use of mp3 players individual tracks are listened to more than full albums.

There are, of course, exceptions to this such as the John Grant album, Queen Of Denmark , which is an album that should be listened to in its entirety to fully appreciate the beauty of it.... I was not really aware of John Grant's former band The Czars but Queen Of Denmark for me stood out in 2010 for various reasons...Grant's effortless voice,the gorgeous backing from Midlake, Grant's use of humour to address sometimes gloomy subject matters...Everything about this album exudes class...

These then are the tracks that merited the most repeat plays this year and are my personal faves of 2010...

Paul Weller - No Tears To Cry
Arcade Fire - Modern Man
Edwyn Collins - Losing Sleep
Gorillaz - Stylo

And finally...this is my fave track of 2010....

No comments:

Post a Comment