Friday, August 12, 2011

Slendour In Silver Dress....


Opening track on the legendary C86 NME cassette and 1 and 25 seconds of pure pop perfection....Number 4 in Peel's Festive 50....not bad for a b side....

Here she comes again
With vodka in her veins
Been playing with a spike
She couldn't get it right

Splendour in silver dress
Velocity possessed
The world was hers again
It fell apart again  

I don't need anyone to hurt me
No, not anyone at all 
Cause my so-called friends have left me
And I don't care at all

Leave me alone
Leave me alone
Leave me alone 

Classic, short but sweet Byrdsian magic  from Bobby and co...bit of an influence on some Manc lads who just wanted to be adored....

Primal Scream - Velocity Girl

3 comments:

  1. http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/07/29/design-legacy-a-social-history-of-jamaican-album-covers/

    Thought you might like this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon - cheers for the link, great article, very well researched, some excellent covers....

    Drew - Indeed they were. Contender for best b side along with "The Butterfly Collector" and "Jeanne".

    ReplyDelete