Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's In Your Eyes....


Over a year in and no posts on one of post punk's most important artists. Step forward Declan Patrick McManus or Elvis Costello to the likes of you and me. I was thinking about this on the train to work this morning and I think it is largely because I feel that he is a tad over-rated. I have a few Costello albums in the house and still listen to and enjoy My Aim Is True and Trust. I also have spot for Punch The Clock and can find tracks from almost all his releases that I could happily listen to. I Want You is one of the best tracks I have heard and any one who penned a track like Shipbuilding cannot be dismissed but sadly I still feel he is over-rated.

The more I think about him the more tracks come to mind that I do actually like including the full on, pounding energy of this track from the NME back in '86, that I lovingly ripped from 7" vinyl just for you.... so perhaps I am completely wrong on this....

Elvis Costello and The Attractions - Uncomplicated (NME Version)

I also forgot about the joy of Costello's love song (!!) to our former PM, Tramp The Dirt Down...

No comments:

Post a Comment