Sunday, October 27, 2013

Punk Rock Sunday Part 3...



I never went to any of The Pistols reunion shows a few years back as I just thought it would be a bit of a circus. Until last week I had never seen PiL live either and although it was a bit pantomimey (is that a word!!) in places Mr Lydon and co put on a belter of a show at Glasgow's ABC wth a setlist that included "Death Disco", "Poptones" and "Careering" in the main set and one of the best encores I have witnessed for a long time with "Public Image", "Rise" and "Open Up" closing the show.

I would have paid the entry fee just to hear "Public Image" in all it's glory live. As soon as that bass line starts you know you are about to hear a fuckin' immense song. Much as I love "Never Mind The Bollocks" I don't think Lydon has ever bettered the great cathartic celebration that is "Public Image".

Public Image

1 comment:

  1. Hear hear. Saw them a live a year or two back- they were great.

    ReplyDelete