Thursday, November 14, 2013

Haven't We All ?


2 minutes and 39 seconds of pop perfection. Quite simply one of the most relatable love lyrics ever written. We've all been there at some time in our lives with a love not reciprocated and Pete Shelley's lyrics sum it up beautifully. Simple words that pretty much everyone can identify with. Pair that with one of the greatest pop tunes ever written and you are onto a winner.

Ever fallen in love with someone
Ever fallen in love, in love with someone
Ever fallen in love, in love with someone
You shouldn't have fallen in love with...

Yes indeedy Pete !!



5 comments:

  1. A true classic Scott
    Subsequently murdered by Fine YOung Cannibals who should hang their heads in shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pop song from the Buzzcocks. Back to Judge Judy.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. For once I disagree with CC. Being a lazy sod, this is a copy and paste of a comment I left elsewhere: 'I did like FYC’s modernist take on soul and r’n’b or, in ‘Ever Fallen..’s case, their discovery of the r’n’b roots of an ostensibly punk song. Isn’t that what a cover should be about, by the way? The aim should be that of doing something new with the original material, I reckon. Me, I’ve always been wary of those paint-by-numbers redoings of songs that were already great in the first place.'. I still stand by my words.
    Oh, btw, thank you for all the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luca, I'm afraid I agree with CC. I liked some stuff by FYC but not their cover of "Ever Fallen..". they did do something new with it but it was not to my taste. Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated.
    George, good to find another Judge Judy fan. Have just read somewhere that she gets $47 million a year for her TV show. Maybe the BBC should employ her...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete