Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween...


Hallowen on Spools Paradise has now become synonymous with the much missed Lux Interior. My first ever posting was on Halloween 2010 and featured The Cramps as did last years. After over 25 years of going to gigs I have witnessed few bands on a par with The Cramps. Some gig memories come and go while others stay with you. The two occasions that I was lucky enough to witness The Cramps live are still as fresh in my mind as they were back in the day.

The first time I heard a Cramps record was also a live recording as one of my school friends had a copy of "Smell Of Female" that he used to play any time I visited. It sound other wordly back then and still remains so today. I'm not a huge fan of live albums with "Smell Of Female" being one of the exceptions. Lux was the ultimate front man and one of the best live performers ever.

This ones for all you Gucci bag carriers out there...

Happy trick or treating...

I Ain't Nuthin' But A Gorehound

No comments:

Post a Comment