Friday, November 4, 2011

Coulda Been A Contender....


I had not watched any of the Best Scottish Album shows on STV that have been on for the last 4 weeks but decided to watch the grand finale last night. As I had not seen the show I had no idea what would make it onto the album that would comprise the most voted for tracks and, to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. The album would contain three tracks from the 70's/80's/90's and noughties to make a 12 track album. I'm not for a second saying that I would have picked any of the tracks on the final list for my own 12 track album to sum up the best that Scotland has had to offer musically over the last 40 years or so but there's no denying that Sunshine On Leith is a great track and it was also nice to see Mike Scott and Franz Ferdinand in there. Was quite amusing right enough to hear one of the panelists talking about how original Franz Ferdinand were. Obviously he had never listened to The Fire Engines or the bulk of the output of Postcard Records.

Anyway here's a couple of tracks that I would like to have seen included....

JAMC - Upside Down
Orange Juice - Falling and Laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment