Monday, March 18, 2013

My Hands Are Held Up High.....



And as expected fun was had.................

Having never seen The Selecter live I wasn't sure what to expect but I wasn't disappointed. While not as popular as The Specials, Madness or The Beat you still sometimes forget what great songs The Selecter had and they pulled out all the big guns tonight. Too Much Pressure, Three Minute Hero, On My Radio and many more still sounded incredibly fresh and exciting. Glad to see there were a lot of pork pie hats on show, although mostly from people the wrong side of 50. Still everyone seemed to enjoy the show. The band were tight, Pauline Black sounded great and overall a great gig.

The following night saw The Alarm hit the stage at the same venue and Mike Peters and co were up for it right from the off. Two hours later and the energy was still bouncing off the stage. Yes, they are a bit pompous and po faced but they know how to write a tune and produced all the biggies at Oran Mor. 68 Guns, Blaze Of Glory (cue : hands in the air !!!), Absolute Reality and many more assisted in me losing my voice for most of the following day.

More and more I am really loving Oran Mor as a venue and it now seems to be the venue of choice for a lot of acts which can only be a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back and blogging again, Scott.

    On a different note, I was off on an outward bounds week with my school last week and the guide in charge of our group, after discussing previous career choices and the music of The Smiths, Fall and Cramps, worked out that we both knew you. Chris was his name. Waterstones in Stirling was his game. Ring any (jingle) bells?

    Cheers,
    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Craig, hope you are well. I do remember Chris, he was a top bloke. Catch up soon, you going to songs Ya Bass this time ?

    ReplyDelete