Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Nostalgia Rules Ok...............



This weekend sees a bit of a nostalgia trip for me. Two gigs in two nights from bands that I sort of grew up with.

Some friends I have known for years see The Alarm as a bit pompous and they probably are but I've always had a soft spot for them and have somehow managed never to see them live. All that will change on Saturday at Oran Mor where I will have my hands raised aloft belting out the words to Blaze Of Glory. Cannae wait for a bit of pompous, overblown nostalgia on Saturday.

I was a tad too young to fully appreciate The Selecter back in the day being only about 11 when they burst onto the scene. Despite my tender years I still had the skinny tie and the pork pie hat that I proudly wore to my weekly under 18's disco (do they still call them that ?). I was more of a Madness and Specials fan but still vaguely recall having a dance to Three Minute Hero at said disco.

Not sure what to expect either night but fun will be had.........

 



No comments:

Post a Comment