Sunday, May 10, 2015

Some Sunday Soul...


Yesterday saw a trip to Fopp in Glasgow to buy a few CD's to take my mind off thoughts of the events of the last few days. Something to cheer me up was the order of the day so some soul music was required and I did not leave empty handed or disappointed. Both today's tracks come from a Southern Soul collection from those lovely folks at Demon Records. These guys really know how to put together really excellent compilations. The CD in question is called I Get My Groove and features the likes of Ann Peebles, Fontella Bass and Al Green. Of the twenty tracks there is not one that would not warrant a place on Soul Sunday but I have opted for these two toptastic tunes from The Montclairs and Barbara Lynn.

Hope you enjoy...

I Need You More Than Ever
Nice And Easy  

1 comment: